These are general guidelines/recommendations for creating a custom theme background for your site.
NOTE: You may have to shift + refresh or dump cache to see changes.
• Background Image Size: 1600x1100px
• Image Format: JPG best option to keep the size down. PNG for transparency.
• Banner size: Match width of the Site page. Banner height should be based on where the top of site page (top of the horizontal menu) will start based on your design.
• Banner format: Transparent PNG
Applying Graphics: Web Site Appearance Settings
Outer Frame Tab settings
• Alignment: Center
• Site border: None
• Fill color (top and fade settings): Match hex of BG image edges or complementary to show through transparent BG image.Note: The Appearance tool fade won't work with a background image.
• Fill Image File: Browse for the image.
• Tiling: None
• BG Image Position (H/V): Center/Top
Banner Tab settings
• Load banner from file: Checkbox. Browse for the banner PNG
• Shading Color: Type the word "transparent" in the input for this setting.