Within your registration system, you have the option to charge members automatically over time. This is called a subscription and can only be done if you have:
- An Authorize.net payment gateway in your merchant account.
- ARB enabled in your Authorize.net account (contact Authorize.net for help with this).
Once these options are setup, you'll need to add the "Postback Link" to your Auth.net account so your website can be updated automatically as people are automatically charged.
- Go to Admin > Members.
- Click Registration System.
- Select the Program.
- To the right, click Edit.
- Navigate to the Payment tab.
- Copy the Postback link shown in the Subscription payment settings.
- Login to your Authorize.net account and click on the Account section.
- Click the "Silent Post URL" link and paste in the Postback link you copied in step #2.
- Click Submit to save.
It's important to set up email notifications for yourself in your Auth.net account because doing so will let you know when a subscriber's card has expired or declined, or if someone unsubscribes from a payment. In those scenarios, LeagueAthletics.com will stop updating payments for the members, and you will want a heads up when that happens so you can reach out to the registrant to ask for payment another way.
To do this:
- Log in to your Auth.net account.
- Click Home > User Profile > Edit Profile information.